Thursday, December 25, 2008

brutality in retrospect

last night i had this dream;
i opened my eyes to find foreign wings sprouting,
a beak emerging form my face,
and i was flying,
but it wasn't strange at all.. like most things aren't strange in the world of unconscious,

and so the higher i flew, the more beautiful the scenery became,
soon i was above my tiny town, but i was thirsty for more..
the beauty was absolutely becoming,
and much like a petulant child, i needed more..
in the blink of an eye, i was above my entire state,
and soon after that i was dancing across country lines,
and soaring above the oceans,
the view was so breath-takingly entrancing i forgot to breath for a few seconds,

when i regained sensibility,
reality slapped me a cross the face,
with cold, decrepit fingers,
i saw bliss had gotten the best of me..
i was at treacherous altitudes,
safety was a few hundred feet underneath me,
i gazed at the beauty bellow one last time,
until nothing was flowing through my airwaves anymore,
and the beauty that once was...
became a blur of fear, and tears, and dying mens wishes.

No comments: