Sunday, September 20, 2009

old habits die hard

every morning i wake up into a brand new person, with old habits.

i closed my eyes, and tried to write how i felt on scrap paper,
but when i looked down, it was just your name re-writted a dozen times,
so i made it into a paper airplane, and tossed it out, ashamed

every morning i wake up into a brand new person, with old habits,

i closed my eyes, and tried to sing in the most lovely resonance,
but i couldn't help but realize everything i was describing was a past memory with you,
so i turned off the mic, and turned out the lights, ashamed

every morning i wake up into a brand new person, with old habits,

i closed my eyes, and painted on a canvas with all my might,
but when i re-opened them, i came face to face with your intense eyes,
burning through my canvas, so i shoved it under my bed, ashamed

every morning i wake into a brand new person, with old habits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this wholeheartedly

FrostBite said...

thank youuuuu. i used to follow your blog regularly, but my piece of shit computer won't let me see your page anymore. which sucks. lots.