Sunday, April 5, 2009

In the blink of an...

Silky lips,
Ragged cheeks,
Careless hair,

Intense eyes,

Eyes burning through the surface,
Analyzing, formulating, judging,
but never really caring about the subject they contemplate,

I sought to please those eyes,
I put on a spectacle of blissful laughs, intellectual nods, and a collected posture,
But those eyes smoldered through my imagination,
Those eyes saw a juvenile smile, droopy lids, and sweaty palms,

Although they never cared, they still looked from time to time,
A debonair glance, a scrutinized gaze,

But no longer,

Those eyes have found a perpetual subject of interest,
They see the nape of a benevolent neck,
A gentle tongue caressing slick teeth,
Beautifully lethargic legs waiting to capture and enrapture,

Those eyes indulge in a perennial fixation,

I mechanically scan…
Silky lips,
Ragged cheeks,
Careless hair,

But the intense eyes are veiled,
The eyes looking at me have no interest,

And why should they?

No comments: