Tuesday, November 10, 2009

awakened

last night i died,

i can't quite remember how,
but i exhaled without knowing it would be my last breath,
and then something inside of me died,
and it is forever gone, untraceable yet inescapable,

and i suspect it's because i opened my eyes,

and thus, life spat me out of it's womb,
i came out kicking and screaming and crying but smiling,

and thus i ga -
and thus i gasp -
and thus i gaped my first breath.

choking on it's depth,
i wasn't yet well acquainted with my new throat,
or my new nose,
or especially my new eyes,

they saw the beautiful insignificance i could have never noticed in my former life,

and so my spine shot upright,
and i jumped out of the fourth floor's window,
i hit the pavement with great purpose and ran,

millions of colors flashing in my peripherals,
everyone else was moving in slow motion,
i was alone.. but i still ran,

i ran until i spat up blood,
i ran until my body was numb,
i ran until every last atom inside of me was heaving...
... and then i ran some more.

No comments: